last night in los angeles, amidst the speeches, gowns, and celebrities at the 2012 emmy awards there was no shortage of delicious pop culture moments. here are my top 5 tastes of emmy night 2012.
1. the opening skit. tv’s funniest ladies consoled host, jimmy kimmel before the show and after some botched botox…hilarious!
2. yellow dresses. acid, lime, and neon yellow ruled the red carpet with emmy winners claire danes, julie bowen and julianne moore accepting their wins in bright, bold frocks.
3. louis ck vs. ricky gervais: after photobombing louis ck in his shot for best actor in a comedy, ricky gervais continued the ribbed when presenting the emmy for best directing of a variety show, by claiming that if Louis CK lost, this would make ricky the better comic. louis did lose and ricky deemed him officially the “2nd greatest comic in the world”. i just want to know, where’s the show with these two comedy masters?
4. acceptance speech mix-up: in a bold, risky move, julia louis dreyfus and amy poehler added a little humor to the predictable gushy thank you fest of acceptance speeches, by “accidentally” mixing up their speeches for best actress in a comedy. although planned, the joke paid off and by injecting even a little more levity into the night. bravo!
5. homeland wins best drama. as well as best actor, actress, and writing in a drama, this well-honed, addictive psychological thriller on showtime, shut down perennial emmy favorites mad men and breaking bad…just in time for its premiere next sunday.
what was your favorite emmy moment? tweet me!