guest blog: vancouver popstar, arpen t., shares her exclusive interview with julia cyboran, editor-in-chief of loulou magazine
last week at the loulou shop till you drop event in vancouver, we had a chance to catch up with julia cyboran, editor-in-chief of loulou magazine. check out what julia had to say about style and snacking…
popchips: what are the top 5 style trends to watch out for fall?
julia cybroran (jc) : my absolute top 5 choices are:
- embellishment trend. items with embellishments such as studs/diamonds can be great additions to your everyday office look! embellishments can spice up any simple outfit often found on collars, a great substitute for accessories!
- leather: from belts to jackets and shirts, any sort of leather accent is a hot trend!
- equestrian: this country-side look is in for the fall. whether its boots, tights or collared blouses, the country-side inspired look is romantic and polished.
- black & white: these staple colors combined are super sleek are in for the season!
- knitwear: if there if one thing you should invest in, it should be a knit scarf! not only are they uber stylish, but for us gals up in canada, this is the perfect way to stay warm while staying stylish!
popchips: describe your personal style in 3 words.
jc: i’d say trendy, classic, and edgy!
popchips: who is your favorite canadian fashion designer?
jc: i’m originally from montreal and i love one of my hometown designers by the name of valerie dumaine.
popchips: which popchips flavor are you currently loving?
jc: i first discovered popchips at new york fashion week a few years ago. all of the models were snacking on them. i’ve always been a fan of the original popchips!
about loulou magazine and louloumagazine.com: launched in 2004, loulou is canada’s source for shopping and celebrity-style inspiration. packed with expert advice, amazing deals and unique finds, loulou delivers the hottest fashion, beauty and lifestyle buys on the canadian market—with complete purchasing information for every item featured. with editions in english and french, loulou is the perfect accessory for canadian shoppers coast-to-coast. for further information about loulou magazine, visit louloumagazine.com. loulou is published by rogers publishing limited, a division of rogers media inc.
about julia cyboran, loulou editor-in-chief: julia is an accomplished editor with over a decade of experience in publishing. she is passionate about fashion and beauty, and about bringing readers the highest quality content. she is a trained journalist and a graduate of concordia university’s prestigious department of journalism. before moving into magazines, julia did stints at the cbc and the canadian bureau of the wall street journal. prior to joining the loulou team, julia was english editor at the short-lived shelter magazine chocolat. she came onboard at loulou in 2007 as web content director and was promoted to multi-platform editor-in-chief in 2010. this self-confessed fashionista/geek brings her savvy take on fashion and beauty to the pages of the magazine, the website… and now the ipad.