oh, the weather outside is frightful, but our snacks are so delightful! and since san francisco doesn’t snow – we’ve decided to make our own! this holiday season, we have discovered the silver lining to a snow-less city…literally! whether you live in a winter wonderland or a tropical paradise, these DIY snowflakes, crafted from empty popchips bags, will surely add some festive flair to your holiday decorations. so let it pop!
you will need:
- 1 share bag of popchips (we used original)
1. snack on your popchips until the bag is empty.
2. cut along the seams of the bag to make one flat sheet.
3. cut six 5 inch x 5 inch squares out of the bag.
4. start with one square and fold it in half to create a triangle.
5. fold the two bottom corners together to make a smaller triangle (use tape if you need help holding the folds in place).
6. using the same bottom two corners, take one and fold it until the point lines up with the center of the triangle. repeat on the other side.
7. snip off the top with the two points to create a flat line.
8. now it’s time to get creative! cut into both sides of the triangle to create a snowy pattern.
9. unfold your snowflake and repeat with the other squares you cut earlier.
and don’t forget to share them with us too! pin, tweet, instagram and post your crafty creations using #popchips