’tis the season to be snacking and wrapping! so after you’ve enjoyed a bag (or two) of your favorite popchips flavors, re-use the bags to add a little ‘pop’ to your holiday packages. just follow these easy steps…
you will need:
- empty bags of your favorite popchips flavors (one 3oz or 3.5oz bag is enough for one bow and ribbon for one medium-sized gift box)
1. enjoy snacking and sharing on our limited time holiday popchips flavor – salted caramel
2. cut the empty bag along the seams so you have one flat sheet
3. measure and cut 13 strips: four 1×6, four 1×5, and five 1×4. set one of the 1×4 strips aside (this will become the center of your bow)
4. cut the rest of the bag into inch wide strips and set aside (this will become the ribbon)
5. twist each short strip into a loop by lining the ends up together and stapling. you should end up with four loops of each the 1×6, 1×5, and 1×4 strips. twelve loops total
6. glue two loops of the same size (i.e. two 1×6 loops) together to make a figure eight shape. you should end up with two 1×6 figure eights, two 1×5 figure eights, and two 1×4 figure eights
7. criss-cross the two 1×6 figure eights to look like a bow and glue together. add tape if necessary to secure them together. repeat with the 1×5 figure eights and then with the 1×4 figure eights. you should now have three bows, descending in size
8. glue the little bow into the medium sized bow alternating the loops of each one. then glue the medium sized bow into the larger bow, again alternating the loops of each.
9. using the 1×4 strip you set aside make a circle by holding the ends together and taping. glue down this circle into the very middle of your bow.
10. using the long strips you set aside to create the ribbon around your gift by taping them down around the sides.
11. tape your bow on top and rejoice in your creative accomplishment!