every month, love with food members receive a curated box of unique, seasonal snacks. for every box delivered, love with food feeds a hungry child in the united states. this month, we’re honored to provide sweet potato popchips alongside a host of other holiday friendly snacking options delivered right to subscribers’ doorsteps.
and to spread even more popchips cheer, each box sold will benefit harvest from the heart - chef ryan scott’s organization dedicated to preparing and delivering meals for less fortunate individuals and families on thanksgiving day.
want to help chip in? all this month, the first 100 individuals who visit www.lovewithfood.com and donate $50 or more to harvest from the heart will receive a complimentary case of popchips! click here to chip in.
in the spirit of giving back, here are a couple delicious thanksgiving recipes chef ryan scott whipped up using sweet potato popchips.
fall squash casserole
- 1 single serve bag (.8oz) of sweet potato popchips, crushed
- 2 cups crookneck squash, sliced
- 2 cups zucchini, sliced
- ¼ cup onion, minced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 ½ cups gruyere cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- ¾ cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- preheat oven to 400 degrees. in a large skillet place squash and a small amount of water over medium high heat and cover. let steam until tender, about 5 to 10 minutes. in a bowl, mix together popchips and cheeses. take half and mix with the cooked squash, reserving the remaining half for later. whisk together eggs, milk and spices and combine with squash mixture. fold in some of the melted butter and some black pepper if you desire. toss remaining chip/cheese mixture in about 2 tablespoons of melted butter spread squash mixture in a casserole dish and sprinkle with remaining chip/cheese crumb topping. bake, covered with foil for 18 minutes, then remove foil and bake for 7 more minutes, or until lighting browned.
green olive tapenade snack bites
- sweet potato popchips
- 1 cup green olive, pitted
- ½ cup shallot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained and rinsed
- 3 anchovy filets
- zest & juice of half a lemon
- black pepper, ground, for taste
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons italian parsley, chopped
- 1 ½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup goat cheese
- coarsely chop olives, garlic, capers, shallots, anchovies and lemon zest on cutting board, or in a food processor until incorporated, but still chunky. place chopped mixture in a bowl and add pepper, mustard, parsley and lemon juice and stir in enough olive oil to bind mixture together. spread goat cheese on a sweet potato popchips and then a small amount of tapenade on goat cheese. or, place in bowls and let guests build their own.
love with food is the easiest way to snack smart. do good. our monthly service delivers a surprise of healthier snack options to your doorstep once per month for only $10/month. for every box sent, love with food donates a meal to feed a hungry child in the usa. to date we have donated more than 100,000 meals. join in the fight for a healthier and hunger free america by learning more about love with food at lovewithfood.com, and become a fan on facebook or twitter @lovewithfood.