we’ve all been there. you make a new year’s resolution to eat better and suddenly get a serious craving for something crispy, crunchy, and delicious. instead of reaching for the snack that is full of fat, calories, and regret, popchips and jillian michaels are here to keep you on the right track!
jillian michaels dishes popchips recipes, with all the flavor & half the fat!
never fried. never baked. with all the flavor and half the fat of fried chips, there’s no resolutions required with popchips! so bring the fun, not the fat, to your cravings with these delicious, waistline-friendly recipes from fitness and health guru, jillian michaels…
almond and popchips-crusted chicken breast
crusted with original popchips for added flavor and crunch
- ½ cup unsalted almonds, toasted
- ½ cup of original potato popchips
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ¾ teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¾ teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 garlic clove
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4-to-5 ounce boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- preheat oven to 425 degrees f. in the work bowl of a food processor, place the almonds, popchips, olive oil, lemon zest and juice, rosemary, garlic, and salt. process until coarsely chopped; the mixture will be a thick paste. arrange the chicken breast halves in a baking dish. divide the almond paste and spread on the breasts; pat down to cover each breast completely. roast in the oven until cooked through and an instant-read thermometer reads 165 deg f. to 170 deg f., about 10 minutes. loosely tent with foil and let stand for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
- click here for the printable recipe!
sweet & savory popchips chicken salad
sweetened with katy’s kettle corn popchips
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup of crushed katy’s kettle corn popchips
- 7 tablespoons (about 2 ounces) coarsely chopped smoked almonds
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- fill a dutch oven two-thirds full of water; bring to a boil. wrap each chicken breast half completely and tightly in heavy-duty plastic wrap. add the chicken to boiling water. cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until a thermometer registers 165°. remove from pan, and let stand for 5 minutes. unwrap chicken and shred; refrigerate for 30 minutes or until cold. combine mayonnaise and the next 7 ingredients (through black pepper) in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk until combined. add chicken, 1/3 cup celery, cranberries, and almonds; toss well to coat. cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. serve over salad greens.
- click here for the printable recipe!
hungry for more? enter here for a chance win a year of fun, food & fitness with jillian michaels!
whether you’re going out or staying in, bring the fun to your new year’s eve with our fun & easy ideas to get the party poppin! ten…nine…eight…seven…six…
five. celebrate royally with our metallic d-i-y crown made from recycled popchips bags.crown yourself by clicking here!
four. what’s better than snacking on katy’s kettle corn popchips while you wait for the new year? snacking on katy’s kettle corn popchips covered in edible glitter! just like the popstar, this festive party snack is fun, sparkly, and full of new year’s eve personality!add a little glitz and glitter to your snacks here!
three. pop into the new year by…well…popping! these party poppers add the element of surprise to any new year’s eve shindig. countdown. pop. surprise!click here to get poppin!
two. throwing a new year’s eve soiree and don’t know what to serve? these popchips appetizers are simple, delicious, and will make your friends think you have a professional chef hiding in the kitchen. amuse-bouche, anyone?click here to get your midnight snack on!
one. now that you’ve crafted your way to the best new year’s eve party ever, welcome your friends into the new year with a custom sign that really pops!click here for our festive new year’s eve sign how-to!
don’t forget to share your festive creations and poppin’ party pics with us using #bringthefun!
health and fitness expert, jillian michaels, dishes her top tips for snacking wisely this holiday season…
mind your munchies – going to a holiday soiree at night? opt for popchips instead of fried chips for lunch that day. or order the grilled chicken lettuce wrap versus the fried taco shell and add an extra scoop of guacamole instead of cheese that day.
pre-party – to reduce cravings, enjoy savory snacks packed with protein – such as a small bag of almonds, veggie sticks with hummus or popchips – before you head to holiday parties. when you arrive, the spread won’t seem as difficult to resist.
toothpick trick – it’s easy to be trapped by mindless eating at holiday soirees as the mini meatballs, mozzarella balls and fudge gets passed around. one trick is to utilize the toothpicks. every time you snack, hold onto the toothpick as a tangible reminder of how much you have consumed.
’tis the season to give thanks. and we couldn’t be more thankful to partner with celebrity chef ryan scott, and love with food, to help feed hungry families across america.
every month, love with food members receive a curated box of unique, seasonal snacks. for every box delivered, love with food feeds a hungry child in the united states. this month, we’re honored to provide sweet potato popchips alongside a host of other holiday friendly snacking options delivered right to subscribers’ doorsteps.
and to spread even more popchips cheer, each box sold will benefit harvest from the heart - chef ryan scott’s organization dedicated to preparing and delivering meals for less fortunate individuals and families on thanksgiving day.
want to help chip in? all this month, the first 100 individuals who visit www.lovewithfood.com and donate $50 or more to harvest from the heart will receive a complimentary case of popchips! click here to chip in.
in the spirit of giving back, here are a couple delicious thanksgiving recipes chef ryan scott whipped up using sweet potato popchips.
fall squash casserole
- 1 single serve bag (.8oz) of sweet potato popchips, crushed
- 2 cups crookneck squash, sliced
- 2 cups zucchini, sliced
- ¼ cup onion, minced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 ½ cups gruyere cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- ¾ cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- preheat oven to 400 degrees. in a large skillet place squash and a small amount of water over medium high heat and cover. let steam until tender, about 5 to 10 minutes. in a bowl, mix together popchips and cheeses. take half and mix with the cooked squash, reserving the remaining half for later. whisk together eggs, milk and spices and combine with squash mixture. fold in some of the melted butter and some black pepper if you desire. toss remaining chip/cheese mixture in about 2 tablespoons of melted butter spread squash mixture in a casserole dish and sprinkle with remaining chip/cheese crumb topping. bake, covered with foil for 18 minutes, then remove foil and bake for 7 more minutes, or until lighting browned.
green olive tapenade snack bites
- sweet potato popchips
- 1 cup green olive, pitted
- ½ cup shallot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained and rinsed
- 3 anchovy filets
- zest & juice of half a lemon
- black pepper, ground, for taste
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons italian parsley, chopped
- 1 ½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup goat cheese
- coarsely chop olives, garlic, capers, shallots, anchovies and lemon zest on cutting board, or in a food processor until incorporated, but still chunky. place chopped mixture in a bowl and add pepper, mustard, parsley and lemon juice and stir in enough olive oil to bind mixture together. spread goat cheese on a sweet potato popchips and then a small amount of tapenade on goat cheese. or, place in bowls and let guests build their own.
love with food is the easiest way to snack smart. do good. our monthly service delivers a surprise of healthier snack options to your doorstep once per month for only $10/month. for every box sent, love with food donates a meal to feed a hungry child in the usa. to date we have donated more than 100,000 meals. join in the fight for a healthier and hunger free america by learning more about love with food at lovewithfood.com, and become a fan on facebook or twitter @lovewithfood.
it’s not everyday that an international popstar appears at a local high school to perform a private concert. but that’s exactly what happened in lakewood, colorado today, when katy perry arrived (on her birthday) to reward the lakewood high school students for creating the winning gma music video for “roar” — her hit song from her incredible new album, prism.
the students of lakewood submitted their winning lip dub video, and got our attention by involving the entire school! we’re talking every club. every athletic team. the entire student body! the best part? they created all this awesomeness in just one take! we couldn’t believe it and neither could katy. she was so impressed, that she named the lakewood tigers “the school with the loudest roar” and ultimately, the champions.
as if we didn’t like these kids enough already, the tigers are using this opportunity to give back to their community by raising funds for colorado’s flood relief. and they are challenging every high school in america to do the same! talk about popstar status! to support this incredible cause, popchips donated 2,000 bags of katy’s kettle corn to lakewood high school.
is your high school up for the challenge? let’s hear your roar.
we know you’ve been craving it for so long. well, the wait is finally over. the hunger games: catching fire hits theatres november 22, and we teamed up with eOne to give canadians the opportunity to enter for a chance to win a trip to the premiere!
now through november 10, fans across canada can pop into their local london drugs, save-on foods, sobeys and loblaws, or over to eOne’s facebook page, to enter for a chance to win one of our amazing prizes…
- you could win a trip for 2 to the hunger games: catching fire premiere in los angeles
- you could win a private screening of the hunger games: catching fire for you and 20 friends!
local canadian snackers can also enter for a chance to win a pair of tickets to popchips’ vancouver & toronto pre-screening events! just follow @popchipsCAN to find out how you can enter for a chance to win!
with all the flavour and half the fat of fried chips in popchips’ delicious potato, tortilla and kettle corn flavours, going to the movies has never tasted so good. so be sure to pick up your favourite flavour of popchips at london drugs, save-on foods, sobeys and loblaws.
well, big apple, fashion week is here again! and we all know what that means. so many events, so little time. too many places to go, and not enough taxi cabs. so many snacks, so few calories. well, good thing for #popchipstotherescue!
popchips is saving your soles (spiked, wedged, flat, or otherwise) and waistlines (from half the the fat and calories of fried chips) with free snacks and free rides on popchips pedicabs throughout fashion week! running all day friday, september 6, through monday, september 9, the popstar peddling pros from manhattan rickshaw company will pick you up outside of lincoln center, and take you to your next fashion week destination!
and to find all those hot destinations, be sure to check out the amazing event guide from our friends at savvy city. they are offering up social currency points to snackers during fashion week that can be redeemed at their savvy city pop up shop & social currency lounge, september 15-16, located at 23 cleveland place in the heart of soho, where you can snack on popchips, drink, play and relax while you shop. download the savvy city app
so grab your best fashion week snack-cessory, add a pop of color (because snack is the new black) and get ready to roll around the tents with taste!
for the latest from the new york snack walk, keep up with #popchipstotherescue on twitter and instagram!
festival season in toronto is cray-cray with deadlines, parties and very little sleep. while hollywood a-through-d-listers get to nosh on celeb chef creations, the rest of us are left to fend for ourselves. more often than not, we are left with the familiar hangry symptoms of irritability, shortness and bossiness. it happens, we get it. that’s why your friends at popchips are hooking you up with katy’s kettle corn in the tastemakers lounge at the toronto movie festival, september 4 – 8, to help you stay fueled and cheerful while you star-gaze.
popchips also teamed up with our friends at glacéau vitaminwater to bring you the ultimate film festival snack pack, so whether you’re awaiting brangelina’s arrival or watching the next big blockbuster hit – we got you covered! follow @popchipsCAN on twitter and instagram to find out how you can win a snack pack – delivered straight to your door!
we know you’ve heard it before but we can’t send you something without some product info, right? perfect for when you’re looking for a source of sustained energy (avoid the dreaded nod-off during an oscar nom flick!) glacéau vitaminwater is a delicious and hydrating enhanced water beverage that can be enjoyed any time of day or night. when those hunger pangs really get to you, crack a bag of popchips; naturally delicious popped potato, tortilla and corn chips that are never fried (unhealthy) and never baked (undelicious). and with all the flavor and half the fat of fried chips, you don’t have to worry about wiping a greasy hand on the theatre seat again!
remember, the hangry ‘tude isn’t cute, so be sure to find us at the festival, and let us know if you need a refill.
hungry for more? you can also snag our bags all week at the yorkville pusateri’s! and be sure to keep up with all that’s poppin’ in toronto (and beyond) by following @popchipsCAN on twitter and instagram!